Nepal School of social Work is a dynamic institution of social work with a vision of nurturing young social workers and scholars to advance the well-being of populations at risk and rejuvenate the Nepalese Society at large.
NSSW with its two Colleges, provides quality education comparable to good standards and best practices to develop knowledge, skills and insights in to social work values, principles, methods, research, scholarship and service innovation.
The Colleges aspire to create a supportive and students' centred learning environment that promotes equity, respect, responsibility, curiosity, collaboration, flexibility, risk-taking and creativity. By translating these values in to action, the College prepares generalist social work practitioners skilled in critical self-reflection, innovation, create collective knowledge and understanding on social issues and to work with individuals, families, groups and communities aiming to prepare indigenous professional social workers.
To promote the delivery of professional social work education as a means to develop committed, skilled social workers capable of leading social change to promote well being of marginalized and disadvantaged individuals groups and communities to establish an equitable and just society.
To promote professional social work education to develop committed, skilled social workers capable of leading social change and wellbeing of oppressed and disadvantaged individual, groups, communities to establish a equitable and just society
- To prepare professional social workers who are professionally competent and adept at integrating professional knowledge, values, and skills for practice with diverse populations and human service organizational setting.
- To foster a respect for diversity and a commitment to the professionally quality service through the advancement of social equity and justice.
- To instil a sense of responsibility, integrity, human dignity, respect to human being as a citizen of the Nepal who is committed to ongoing professional growth and peaceful social development.
- To nurture competent professional social workers for providing quality services to oppressed and marginalized section of the society and improve their socio-economic well being.
- To prepare generalist social workers to become informed and effective leaders able to take action against injustice and inequalities.
- To foster a comparative and critical examination of social welfare and social work practice, policies, social justice, research and interventions in the education, social development in various human service organizational settings.
- To prepare entry-level baccalaureate social workers for generalist practice in a multiethnic, multicultural context rooted in knowledge and skills for understanding and solving complex social problems within the values and ethic of professional social work.